Translate

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Summer Hockey

While I play in a year-round women's league that has a "spring/summer season," it's nice to be able to get on the ice outside of scheduled games. I got the chance to do exactly that with some pickup hockey on Saturday as part of my friend Mark's sixtieth birthday party being put on by his husband John.

Opening faceoff
Like my league games, there was quite a diversity of skill levels, though the goalies were probably both better than what I usually face. Our goalie, Daniel, plays in the "B" league, which is one of the upper tiers.
The red team should've just been called the "dark jersey" team. ;)
We played for about 45 minutes straight, Pat taking a bunch of photos from the scorekeeper's box and also keeping score (Lisa showed him quickly how to run the scoreboard so he could). Then we took about a ten minute break, followed with 20 more minutes of skating until the ice resurfacer essentially kicked us off.




Pat managed to even get a few shots of me looking like I knew what I was doing.



In the end, I think the red team just got a little too worn down for our good, and the white team managed to score a couple of quick goals. But they didn't realize we had an ace in the scorekeeper's box. ;)
Hey, it's Mark's birthday, so his team should win, right? ;)
Thanks for the great time, John and Mark!

No comments:

Post a Comment