Translate

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Two Days

This was a nasty, hot weekend. I guess that's why Pat didn't really feel like driving anywhere. We'd confirmed he still had a bike rack that fit his old B13 Sentra SE-R and figured that it should work on either the Camaro or the WRX. But I think he was also trying to sell a Snap-On hutch, so needed to stick around for that.

Anyway, not much going on, just ready for school to be over. My first year as resource teacher was a bit rockier than I thought it would be. I'm ready to move on to the summer, some professional development, and planning ahead for next year. What can I do different? Where can I emulate Greg Letterman, my legendary RT from when I started teaching twenty years ago?

So, I mowed the lawn today -- Pat laughs about this -- and finally finished knocking down the jungle in the back. If it ever cools off a bit, we can get the fire pit going again and get rid of more of the large branches that are all over back there. I also posted some duplicate Lego minifigs and excess Caps freebies on eBay, and already sold the minifigs. I guess it was a productive weekend.

In the meantime, I just have to get through the next two days before "summer" starts; really, it's only a day and a half as the ILT members have a "retreat" at the Discovery building Tuesday afternoon. Sure, I have to work twenty "SSE" days, but I don't really have to deal with people, so it's not so bad. I'll clean up the book room, the department office, move stuff into my new classroom, enter department orders, and basically do a lot of grunt work while I'm on campus. There will be days off campus with other RTs, but most of the SSE days will be real manual labor, at least for me. It'll be good to take my mind off everything.

I'll leave with this -- one of the chili pepper plants that Pat cultivated over the winter and then planted at the end of March (once the snow and ice stopped) has started putting out peppers. Yum.
Hot stuff!

Just over a month until the road trip with Mom.... can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment