Translate

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Long Night

I missed watching the entire first period, as I was still at school, preparing my sub plans for tomorrow. I listened on the radio, but by the time I walked out of the building, Malkin had already scored on the power play.

It's so difficult to tell the tempo of a game from a radio broadcast. You can't see the fire in the eyes of the players, you can't see the interaction that leads to misplays, and stupid penalties.

Then, I made a stop on the way home, and when I get back in the car, I hear that Kozlov's scored to tie it up!

I get home shortly thereafter, and proceed to watch the Capitals slowly pull themselves out of that dark hole they'd fallen into. 1-2. 2-2. 3-2. 3-3. They are putting shots on goal, but not just winging a puck from the blue line. Laich's in the crease, mucking it up. The power play has some bobbles, but otherwise, things are looking a bit more solid, a bit more in control.

Then the breakout. 4-3. Theodore can be seen smiling through the grill of the mask while he takes a shot of water; when he's not confident, you don't see those pearly whites. 5-3. And the short-handed, empty-netter to finish it off.

And I have a sub for tomorrow. It'll be a good day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment