Translate

Monday, January 1, 2018

I'm Bad

I always mean to blog more. I just get caught up in other things. :(

I need to make commitments and keep them. Is January 1st, the day of resolutions, as good a day as any to try to change?

A post shared by Karen (@kiirenza) on

Brooks Laich on Instagram and Twitter has challenged his followers over the past few months to change themselves, to be more positive, and to set goals. So one thing I've considered doing is setting up what he calls a "challenge board" for myself.

I don't have an actual "board" yet. But maybe I can lay out some ideas here to start.

1) Wander more. My heart and soul need that wandering. While, yes, I did the #404familyroadtrip to Acadia and the road trip with my mom this past summer, in 2017 I didn't do nearly the wandering and camping that I'd done in the previous few years. I need to get back to just wandering for the sake of wandering. Camping is good. Fishing is good. Wandering is the best.

2) Stop killing myself at work. The number of times I've left work before 6PM so far this school year has been dismally few. I need to prioritize better and just tell people, "No" more often. It's a goal of mine to leave by 4PM on a more regular basis.

3) Do something with my Etsy shop. It's sold some things here and there over the past few years, more out of luck than anything. But with the unexpected expense of these hearing aids (over $5K!) just days before the holidays, if I can bring in a little extra cash on a more regular basis, that would be a good thing.

Those are three sort of big ones that I am willing to share publicly. We'll see how well I do at hitting them and the others that are more private.

Happy New Year. I hope it brings better things for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment